Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant/Shahbaz to Seward Mountain Haven in Seward, AK.
The primary role of the Shahbazim will be to provide care to elders living in the Green House® home. They will protect, sustain and nurture the elders by providing assistance with activities of daily living and meeting other needs as required. The core goal of the Shahbazim's work is to provide assistance in a manner that promotes a high quality of life and a positive elderhood.
In this position you will:
- Build stronger relationships with Elders and the team because this is a self-managed environment. Additional opportunities to cross-train within Mountain Haven.
- Be a member of an empowered staff and be responsible for coordinating aspects of the teams' work including working collaboratively with the Clinical Support Team (CST).
- Work cooperatively with other Shahbazim on this self-managed work team Care for the elders and elders' environment, including cooking, laundry and housekeeping.
- Demonstrate understanding of and carries out individual elder care according to Green House® Philosophy of Care and the Elder Care Plans
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant license
- New CNA graduates and candidates that hold a current, unencumbered nurse assistant certification or registration from another U.S. state must obtain the State of Alaska certification within four (4) months of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Six (6) months experience as a nurse aide, nursing assistant or private care giver
- Prior experience using Electronic Medical Records (EMR) such as EPIC
About Mountain Haven
Providence Mountain Haven is the first Green House® home in Alaska, which is includes 4-lodges, each with 10-Elders. Teams are self-managed, have consistent staffing, and have strong patient to caregiver ratio. Caregivers typically have 5:1 patient ratio and work 12-hour shifts. Nestled against Iron Mountain, in Seward, AK, it is a great home for Elders to live out their later years! http://alaska.providence.org/locations/psmh/Pages/default.aspx
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 145832