Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant II to Providence Seward Medical Center in Seward, AK.
Under supervision the Certified Nursing Assistant II assists patients with activities of daily living and selective procedures delegated and communicated by licensed nurse (RN or LPN). These activities focus on maintaining a safe, hazard free, clean environment which facilitates patient focused care. Position provides care for Acute Care / ER and Swing Bed settings. May provide care in outpatient clinic settings as well.
In this position you will:
- Possess knowledge of the Hospital and National Patient Safety Goals.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with the RN or other caregivers regarding patient issues, family issues, MD issues, equipment, and dietary needs to ensure team success.
- Assist in the patient admitting, transfer, and discharge procedure.
- Check and restock supplies and emergency equipment and replaces as instructed.
- Measure and record vital signs, weights, bowel records, meal and fluid intake, admission paperwork, and other required documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Assist with and/or perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as outlined and assigned by the care plan and with appropriate training.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completed training as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Must hold a current State of Alaska CNA certification.
- Must hold a current CPR certification.
- New CNA graduates and candidates that hold a current, unencumbered nurse assistant certification or registration from another U.S. state must obtain the State of Alaska certification within four (4) months of hire.
- Current ServSafe food handlers' certification within four (4) months of hire.
- Minimum of six months of health care experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or GED.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers.
About the Facility you will serve.
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 136470