Providence is calling a full time, day shift Department Coordinator - Vascular Diagnostic Center to Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for administrative support to the management team and the applicable unit(s).
- Provide support for meetings, tracking and follow-through, confidential employee and organizational information and general coordination of department leader and administrative needs.
- Interact with all levels of administration, departments, and other groups to bring issues to a positive conclusion.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 1-2 years relevant experience coordinating data and special projects
- High level of computer competency
- Strong communication skills and ability to get along with a variety of personalities.
- Able to work with people in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to relate well with staff, physicians and administration.
- Independent problem solving and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint functionalities
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to details and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associates Degree
- Previous work experience in healthcare
- Completion of a medical terminology course
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414 bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities for close to 70 years.
Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women's Pavilion, and our newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph's Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from HealthGrades.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 148083