Providence is calling a Patient Care Representative II ( Per Diem / Variable Shift ) to Providence Medical Institute Urgent Care in Manhattan Beach, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for patient management, the flow of patients through the front office in an efficient and professional manner, the accurate coding of services rendered and over the counter cash management.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) or more years' experience in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of ICD-9/CPT coding.
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Typing/keyboarding of 45 wpm.
- Speak, read and write the English language.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous working experience as a Medical Assistant is highly desirable.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-Manhattan Beach
Req ID: 150015