Providence is calling a Customer Relations Representative ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Providence Medical Institute location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- The Customer Relations Representative requires in-depth understanding of managed care systems and the ability to translate those concepts to patients and providers.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to handle difficult callers are as critical as good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal relations and team building skills are a requirement for internal and external purposes.
- Experience in a call center environment is essential.
- Supporting the values of PH&S-CA and proven ability to use team concepts to enhance shared leadership philosophies are essential for the success of this position.
- The Customer Relations Representative is responsible for answering incoming calls from patients, providers, health plans, and hospitals and providing accurate information to the caller.
- This position reports to the Manager, Patient, Provider, Health Plan Relations & Compliance. – Management Services Organization.
- Performs job activities in accordance with PH&S-CA Mission and Core Values, maintaining confidentiality while creating and maintaining a work environment that affirms and fosters respect for human diversity.
Required qualifications for these positions:
- A bachelor's degree in health care administration, business administration or an equivalent area is required.
- Equivalent work experience as a substitute to professional degree is acceptable.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in customer relations is required.
- Work history emphasis within an independent physician association, management services organization or physician hospital organization is preferred.
Preferred qualifications for these positions:
About the Providence Medical Institute you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinics/Medical Group
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 148133