Providence is calling a Clinical Specialty Nurse ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Facey Endoscopy Center location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provides professional patient care for all patients following established standards and practices.
- Serves as a role model for Registered Nurses, Medical Assistants and LVNs by providing leadership which fosters positive attitudes and change, as well as supports management policies and procedures.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care of patients undergoing oncology/hematology procedures.
- Assesses,plans, implements and evaluates the care of patients undergoing endoscopicprocedures.
- Assists in the organizationand daily function of the procedure room in accordance with establishedfederal, state and accreditation standards and facility policies andprocedures.
- Assists in overseeingpatient care activities in the pre-procedure, procedure and recovery areas andmaintains a high standard of safety for the patient and other staff members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of a recognized Registered Nursing program.
- Current California RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Minimum two years RN experience.
- Minimum one year RN experience in a gastroenterology lab or PACU.
- Minimum two years ambulatory/hospital experience preferred with references.
- Verified skill sets defined by department usage.
- Knowledge of surgery scheduling, IV medication protocol, triage, and patient education/assessment skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include
- Society of Gastroenterology Nurses & Associates (SGNA) certification.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 131707