Providence is calling a Senior Insurance Account Representative ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Facey Medical Foundation Insurance Billing location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Works insurance accounts receivable to optimize cash flow and to meet organizational financial goals and objectives.
- Responsible for updating patient demographics and insurance information.
- Responsible for working payer correspondence, edits and aged account receivable and identifying and correcting billing errors.
- Responsible for resolving and/or appealing denials and rejections.
- Responsible for identifying billing issues and trends and reporting them to management.
- Meets productivity and accuracy standards as established by management.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Extensive knowledge of insurances—PPO, EPO, HMO, Indemnity, Medicare, MediCal, Workers' Compensation.
- Three to five year's medical group practice or hospital billing experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills along with good math skills, ability to read, understand and follow verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to sort and file correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems, 10-key by touch, Type 30-35 wpm.
- possess computer skills (Mainframe, Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to navigate Health Plan Websites to verify eligibility, benefits and claim status.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in usage of all IDX modules pertaining to the revenue cycle registration, billing and collection procedures and Allscripts.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Must demonstrate a well rounded knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding, CPC.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 144008