Providence is calling a Rapid Response Nurse (Full Time/Night shift) to Providence Saint John's Health Center Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for patients.
- Responds to the bedside of patients with suspected signs/symptoms of physiologic instability.
- Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate the patient's plan of care.
- Assumes a leadership role, directing and assisting team members in setting priorities for patient care.
- Responds to a variety of codes and alerts, identifies and assesses high-risk patients, rounds in patient care areas, and functions as a resource to clinical staff.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current CA RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification for healthcare providers from the American Heart Association.
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) card.
- Current NIHSS
- 5 years of Critical Care experience.
- Completion of 12-lead EKG class.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
- Current Critical Care RN (CCRN) or CEN Certification (must obtain CCRN Certification from 6 months of hire date).
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 150790