Providence is calling a Full Time, Day Shift Registered Nurse Navigator for the Cancer Center Program to the Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate cancer patient care and act as a patient advocate. This includes monitoring patients through screening/diagnostic evaluation, assisting them with navigation through healthcare systems, providing education and emotional care supportive to or restorative of life and well-being, and identification and support in the development of programs and services to enhance patient care and support.
- Provide education for general surgery patients.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of California
- Current Basic Life Support certification ( BLS )
- Three (3) or more years of clinical nursing experience as Registered Nurse
- Oncology experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing ( BSN )
- Three (3) or more years of outpatient experience in a healthcare setting
- Oncology Certified Nurse ( OCN ) preferred
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 142788