Providence is calling a Clinical Documentation Specialist (Full time/Day shift) to Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for improving the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation.
- Facilitates modifications to clinical documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers, and medical records coding staff to ensure that appropriate reimbursement is received for the level of service rendered to all patients with a DRG based payor.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and medical center outcomes.
- Educates all members of the patient care team on an ongoing basis.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- California Licensed Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, MD graduate/educated in foreign country, R.H.I.A., R.H.I.T., or C.C.S
- Current Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for healthcare providers sponsored by American Heart Association. (NOTE: If employee/applicant has certification by the American Red Cross-CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, this will be accepted until card expiration date).
- Occasional prolonged sitting
- Occasional prolonged standing/walking.
- Occasionally pushes/pulls/move/lifts moderately heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs.)
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Requires excellent observation skills, analytical thinking, problem solving, plus good verbal and written communication.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN).
- 5 years case management/ICU experience.
About the Region you will serve.
For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
Anchored by five award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence provides a full spectrum of care that includes a range of specialties, signature services, outpatient and home care and the well-regarded Providence Medical Institute, a group of physicians and primary and urgent care clinics throughout the greater San Fernando Valley and South Bay. Providence is focused on providing the communities it serves with preventive care, education and leading-edge diagnostics and treatment. The organization includes numerous outreach programs. hospice and home care and even our own Providence High School, a Blue Ribbon college-preparatory campus.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 143727