Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Labor and Delivery, variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care needs for mother and baby.
- Demonstrate strong teaching and communication skills with mothers, family members, and the care team.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification upon hire
- Required within 6 months of being hired:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Basic Fetal Monitoring certification
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at St. Joseph Medical Center
Preferred qualifications for this position include :
- One (1) year experience in Labor & Delivery/PostPartum (LDRP)
- One (1) year experience in obstetrical care
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical access hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250 employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large, sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to Providence St. Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center, Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Labor & Delivery/Obstetric Nursing
Req ID: 137275