Providence is calling a Housekeeper (1.0 FTE - 40 hours, Variable Shift) to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Clean, polish and disinfect assigned areas, furnishings and fixtures in patient/resident rooms and common areas.
- Periodically clean windows, walls, ceilings and doors.
- Use dry mop, wet mop, broom or vacuum to clean floors, routinely and when incidents occur.
- Clean, sanitize and stock in bathrooms in patient/resident and public areas.
- Discard trash, medical waste and recycling.
- Mix, properly use and dispose of cleaning chemicals.
- Move furniture, equipment and supplies as necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous housekeeping or custodial experience
- Previous customer service experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical access hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250 employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large, sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to Providence St. Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center, Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Environmental Services/Housekeeping
Req ID: 151227