Providence is calling a Manager, Application Services to Providence Health & Services in Beaverton, OR.
We are seeking a Manager, Application Services to be responsible for daily operational management of assigned areas of Business Applications ERP Technology that may include Application Administration, Development, Operations, Security, and Workflow Administration.
In this position you will:
- Develop and implement appropriate service delivery models for core application functions in defining, delivering, and improving services for the enterprise and its customers.
- Be responsible for working with supervisors and staff in ensuring adherence to standards, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of application systems.
- Monitor the performance of applications within their domain and evaluate the performance of services on the basis of specific KPIs.
- Oversee budgeting and expenditures for applications and teams within their span of control.
- Develop team budgets and manage expenditures related to team operations, including application maintenance in partnership with other application leaders and the PMO.
- Escalate critical issues, problems or delays in production, projects or any other issues that has an impact on the customer.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3 years of Information Services leadership experience, and 5 years total relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience.
- Key experience highlights include: Demonstrated ability to successfully execute operational plans for highly complex issues and applications; healthcare information services operations and support; experience standardizing complex and disparate processes; understanding of methodologies related to application management such as system deployment, support, and life cycle; experience in process improvement methodology, change management, operational improvement in complex systems. Must have proven ability to interact at and communicate to all levels of an organization both verbally and in written form. Organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills and the ability to manage shifting priorities are critical for success in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Possesses solid planning and organizing capabilities.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree in Information Services, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, or a related IS or healthcare field.
- Broad working knowledge of information technology spanning multiple disciplines such as networking, server engineering, security, database, and architecture.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience supporting business applications across multiple functional units such as finance, supply chain, and human resources deployed in complex organizational settings such as multiple divisional, geographical, or market environments.
- Direct experience supporting business operations with leading Enterprise Resource Planning products such as Infor, Oracle, or SAP.
- Cross-over communications skills, both verbal and written, for different audiences including technical infrastructure service providers, vendors, business leadership at multiple levels, project teams and work groups.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 106598