Providence is calling a Registered Nurse Quality Supervisor to the Family Medicine Clinic at the Milwaukie Healing Place.
This innovative residency clinic is based in Milwaukie, Oregon and offers a full-time exempt career opportunity with a robust benefits package and competitive salary. This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced RN who has some prior experience with family practice, teaching, and leading quality and safety efforts.
The ideal candidate possesses some exposure to immunizations, IVs and catheters. The schedule will be Monday-Friday, days.
In this position, you will:
- Coordinate and manage the clinical support staff and the clinical workflows and activities within the clinic.
- Function as an integral member of the clinic leadership team, bringing the professional nursing perspective to the group and upholding the standards of nursing practice.
- Oversee the care provided by clinical support staff and initiate efforts to improve the quality and skill levels of the clinical staff members.
- Lead clinical staff to ensure that patient care services are provided in an efficient, safe, and timely manner that is sensitive to the patient's physical, psychological and spiritual needs.
- Ensure compliance with established clinic policies and procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current state of Oregon Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- 3-5 years of direct patient care
- 1-3 years in a supervisory position
- Clinical experience in triage principles of patient assessment
- Experience in delegation of nursing responsibilities to licensed and unlicensed personnel
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) -or- advanced degree in nursing or related field
- 3-5 years of direct patient care in an ambulatory setting
- 1-3 years in a supervisory position in an ambulatory setting
- Experience in delegation of nursing responsibilities to licensed and unlicensed personnel within the ambulatory setting
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 149114