Providence is calling a Registered Nurse Coordinator to our Patient Safety & Risk team.
This fast-paced position is an excellent opportunity for an RN with previous experience in an ambulatory clinical care and a strong understanding of patient safety, clinical policies, and procedures. Some semi-frequent travel within the Portland area will be required, as well as occasional visits to Medford, Hood River, and Seaside.
This position is based at the Providence Office Park in NE Portland. The schedule is full-time, Monday-Friday. There is some flexibility to work from home one day a week if desired. Providence offers outstanding benefits, including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan options, paid time off, a free annual Trimet pass, free parking, and lots more.
In this position, you will:
- Work with the Providence Medical Group Safety Officer and Risk/Compliance Manager to meet the objectives of the Safety and Risk Programs.
- Perform duties that may include:
- Investigation of quality of care issues
- Reviewing and revising policies and procedures
- Surveying clinics for environment of care, infection control and clinical risk processes
- Teaching principles of safety and risk plus performing other duties related to safety, compliance and risk management
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated knowledge of confidentiality and peer review protection principles
- Working knowledge of Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Expertise and experience in safety and risk management
- 5 years of work experience in quality improvement
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 149095