Providence is calling Qualified Mental Health Associates (QMHAs) to our Emergency Departments in our Providence Medical Centers in Portland, OR.
Our QMHAs provides services as a member of the interdisciplinary team in the emergency department which includes physicians, social workers, nurses and many other caregivers. QMHAs are scheduled to work 12 hour shifts in our emergency departments at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center and Providence Portland Medical Center. The shifts are from 7am to 7:30pm -or- 7pm - 7:30am.
We currently have openings for on-call, part-time and full time . On calls must be willing to be scheduled for either shift and at both medical centers. Our on calls are primarily scheduled in advance however short notice requests for coverage may also occur. We do not require on call to be available for short notice requests. Schedules for the part time and full time will be further discussed during the interview process.
In this position, you will:
- Provide intervention and continuity of care to patients with behavioral health concerns and/or severe psycho-social stressors. Interventions involve providing supervision, emotional support, behavioral intervention, and basic care needs while functioning in the role of Qualified Mental Health Associate.
- Perform all duties in a manner which promotes team concept, culture of excellence and accountability, and reflects the Mission and Values of Providence Health and Services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Meet qualifications of a Qualified Mental Health Associate as identified by OARS 309-032-001 through 1295 which is a Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field -or- a combination of 3 years work, education, training, or experience
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS) certification within 60 days of hire
- 2 years of experience providing direct care assistance to individuals with behavioral health concerns and/or severe psycho-social stressors and/or Development Disabilities
- Annual training in Prevention and Management of Assaultive Behavior (PMAB) within 60 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in mental health related field such as social work, psychology, and/or counseling
- Experience providing crisis intervention techniques
- Experience working in an emergency department
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 150140