Providence is calling an experienced Oncology Registered Nurse Manager to oversee the Outpatient Infusion Clinical Operations as well as the Radiation Oncology service line at Providence Portland Medical Center and our other campuses in Portland, OR. The Nurse Manager will work to standardize the oncology infusion patient experience and all Radiation Oncology as well to align with that existing in the inpatient arm of the department. This position has light travel between 3, local clinic campuses.
Up to $5,000 sign-on bonus eligibility!
In this position, you will:
- Be accountable for the provision and quality of nursing services at the facility level for defined departments, in support of Providence Health & Services system and regional goals.
- Strategically ensure a balance of optimal and efficient patient care, staff, patient, and physician satisfaction; and cooperative partnerships with other organizational departments and professional groups.
- Create and maintain standards and systems for care delivery within your department with a constant focus on patient-centeredness and staff and patient safety.
- Promote evidence-based practice and support the management of productivity targets within a context of constant change in patient volumes, patient acuity, and available resources.
- Take the lead in patient care delivery and plan strategically.
- Consistently support efficient and effective patient care services, and achieve department objectives that support the organizational and system goals. This includes advancing the strategic vision and goals of the Oregon Nursing Center of Excellence.
- Constructively manage change and promote a team-based approach.
- Role model professional nursing standards and expectations consistent.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree
- Current Oregon registered nurse (RN) license
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
- Oncology Nursing Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) at time of hire
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification within 6 months of hire
- 6 years in nursing with experience in progressive leadership roles
- 4 years of managing an outpatient infusion department
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master of science in nursing (MSN) degree -or- master's in related field
- Formal coursework in management, finance, and other administrative subjects
- National certification from American Nurses Association (ANA) or Professional Organization in relevant field of clinical expertise
- Previous management experience
- Experience managing a radiation oncology department
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 151144