Providence is calling a Food Service Assistant 2 (On-Call, Rotating/Variable shift) to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland , OR.
In this position, you will:
- Provide a high level of customer service for patients, family members, volunteers, physicians and staff.
- Adhere to the Service Excellence Standards of Behavior guidelines at all times.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of, and be compliant with, specified regulatory requirements, and food safety and sanitation regulations for food service in a health care environment.
- Follow proper sanitation procedures and practices to assure the cleanliness and sanitation of ware-washing, service-ware, equipment in the work area.
- Adhere to County/State Health department, hospital, and department standards, policies and procedures at all times.
- Prepare foods requiring little or no cooking for patient and non-patient dining; items include salads, sandwiches, cold desserts, appetizers and garnishes.
- Produce, portion and stock preset food items according to established par levels and recipes.
- Prepare foods using recipes, department standards, and knowledge of food handling techniques.
Patient Meal Delivery Role:
Provide attractive and nutritious meals to patients by timely and accurate delivery of meal trays directly to patients, when Patient Dining Host is unavailable and to Perinatal Patients (PSVMC).
Anticipate patient needs at each meal delivery and assure meal expectations are met upon delivery.
Unit Supply Clerk Role:
In conjunction with Storeroom Clerk, be responsible for assistance in receiving, inventory and storage of supplies.
Be responsible for filling supply requisitions, developing delivery orders and accurately recording amounts sent to the Nutrition Services department from various areas of the Hospital.
Provide courteous, friendly, accurate, and consistent food service to hospital employees, visitors, and physicians.
Set up appealing presentation of meal and refreshment service for catered events.
Assist in other areas as requested.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Valid County Health Department Food Handlers Certificate or ServSafe Certification at time of hire
- Knowledge, skills and abilities, typically acquired through formal culinary arts programs, military, apprenticeship programs, or on the job training with 1 year experience in the Food and Nutrition Services industry
- Ability to read, speak, and understand English in order to communicate effectively with team and read recipes, menus, order tickets and food production records/guides
- Experience in working in a team environment with common goals
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- ServSafe certification within 1 year of employment
- 1 or more years of experience in customer service, patient interactions, and food service
- Experience in Healthcare or Dietary kitchen using therapeutic diets
- 6 months - 1 year of experience working on assembly line and delivering patient meal trays
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 143051