Providence is calling a Driver (0.0 FTE, Days) to Providence ElderPlace in Portland, OR.
Providence ElderPlace is an innovative program known as PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly), a comprehensive care model that offers health, housing, social service and care coordination solutions to older adults and peace of mind to their families. We are dedicated to providing dignified care to seniors in a compassionate environment built on principles of responsive service, top-quality health care and trust.
This role works alongside our care takers in getting our wonderful elder patients to and from appointments outside of their living facilites. This can include assistance getting in and out of vehicles, folding up and loading wheelchairs, compassionate listening, etc.
In this position, you will:
- Pick up and deliver geriatric, frail and/or physically limited ElderPlace participants to and from their destinations in regular or specially equipped vehicles, depending upon the individual geriatric participants needs.
- Perform all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the Providence Health Plan mission and philosophy. \#veterans
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid certification
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation driving record consistent with GOP Safe Driving Policy 330 Incident Point Matrix required at time of hire
- 5 or more years of driving experience
- 1 year of experience in transporting individuals with special mobility needs
- No more than 1 moving violation or 1 chargeable accident within the last 3 years
- In Compliance with the Department of Human Services (DHS), criminal background check is required for this position, based on assigned duties. Fingerprinting may also be required.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon. \#veterans
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Transportation
Req ID: 132687