Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Bridgeport Immediate Care Clinic in Tigard, OR.
This is an excellent opportunity for an RN with previous experience with triage, patient care, rooming and general nursing care in an outpatient ambulatory setting. Previous experience in an emergency/urgent care environment is an asset in the Immediate Care Clinic, and leadership skills are highly valued in this role.
The schedule for the position is Wednesday-Saturday, as follows:
- Wednesday 12:00pm-8:00pm
- Thursday & Friday 7:30am-8:30pm
- Saturday 7:45am-5:15pm
In this position, you will:
- Provide direct and indirect quality care for patients according to the individualized needs of the patient.
- Follow the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to consistently provide care appropriate to the age of the patient, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Be competent in analyzing patient data with an understanding of cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, and spiritual aspects.
- Accept professional development as an integral part of nursing practice.
- Coordinate patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Oregon
- American Heart Association-Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care area
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Emergency department or urgent care nursing experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest health care system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their health care needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 146998