Providence is calling an Animal-Assisted Activities and Therapy (AAA/T) Program Coordinator to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to develop a therapy animal visiting program and be responsible for the recruitment, training and coordination of handler-animal volunteer teams for Providence Centralia Hospital. This is a part time position with a variable schedule (some evenings and weekends).
In this position you will:
- Develop an organizational structure, plan program guidelines, policies, and procedures to support and carry out the organization's goals and objectives.
- Coordinate Animal-Assisted Activities and Therapy (AAA/T) volunteers.
- Provide initial program-specific training and on-going in-services (as needed) for units receiving regularly scheduled AAA/T services.
- Work in close, collaborative partnership with unit staff to establish new AAA/T services or improve existing service.
- Establish program goals and provide direction to others to attain annual program objectives.
- Support Volunteer Services and Occupational Health with volunteer requirement compliance.
- Work with volunteers, hospital staff and Administration to create a positive work place environment.
- Ensure that appropriate services are provided which are consistent with the mission, values, and goals of Providence Health System.
- Organize, control, prioritize, and coordinate activities to achieve program objectives.
- Keep the Administration and others informed of program activities through records, documentation, reviews, meetings, and communications.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of one year experience in volunteer management.
- A minimum of two years' experience as an AAA/T handler.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior experience in AAA/T program in a healthcare setting.
- Proven leadership in start-up programs.
- Understands and encourages positive reinforcement dog training methods.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 148329