Swedish is looking for a Patient Registrar \(Per Diem, Variable Shift\) to work in Patient Registration in the ED at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, Washington\.
Swedish is looking for a customer focused, detail oriented, Patient Registrar\. This position is responsible and accountable for the coordination of information and support needed for the flow of patients in the Swedish Medical Center environment\.
In this position you will:
- Accurately obtain, input, prepare and distribute all necessary information relative to a patient's registration
- Explain admission forms and obtain signatures
- Coordinate bed assignment with the nursing units or nursing supervisor for all direct admits to ensure an efficient admission process for the patient
- Verify the accuracy of information on all pre\-registered patients upon arrival, and make appropriate corrections to the system as necessary to ensure accurate records
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Prior customer service and data entry experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior experience in Patient Registration in a hospital setting or in a related healthcare field\.
About the Edmonds Campus\.
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 148853