Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Hyperbaric Technician \(Per Diem, Day shift\) in the Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber at Swedish/Edmonds in Edmonds, Washington\.
Swedish/Edmonds has an opportunity available for a Hyperbaric Technician\. The Hyperbaric Technician administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy as prescribed by the physician/provider on approved patients\. You are responsible for the safe and effective operation of hyperbaric oxygen chamber\(s\) and related support systems\.
In this position you will:
- Take and record vital signs, recognizing and reporting abnormal signs and symptoms
- Provide patient education and patient care pertaining to the hyperbaric oxygen unit\.
- Evaluate equipment/supplies used in the hyperbaric chamber and ensure they meet all safety requirements
- Perform wound care including, but not limited to: removing dressings, cleaning wounds, measuring and photographing wounds, applying dressings
- Participate in quality assurance and safety programs for hyperbaric oxygen chamber
- Assist co\-workers to provide quality and responsive patient care
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or equivalency
- Successful completion of an Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society and National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology approved hyperbaric medicine introductory course
- Current Certification as a Hyperbaric Technologist \(CHT\)
- Current Washington State Certification as a Nurse Assistant CNA\)
- Basic Life Support \(BLS\) certification within 90 days of hire
- Work experience as a Certified Hyperbaric Technologist \(CHT\) or Certified Nurse Assistant \(CNA\)
- Experience providing direct patient care in a health care setting
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in wound healing and hyperbaric medicine
About the Edmonds Campus\.
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 149009