Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse Case Manager \(Per Diem, Days\) to work for the Care Coordination Department at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA\.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager is responsible for coordinating the care and service of selected patient populations through the acute care episode, across the continuum\. Works collaboratively with inter\-disciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources and assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical, financial, and resource outcomes\.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate daily with physicians and care team members to support the assessment of continued need for acute care hospitalization
- Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation, and ongoing revision of initiatives to improve quality, continuity, and cost\-effectiveness
- Communicate continually with patients and families, physicians, care team members, and third\-party players to facilitate coordination of clinical activities and to enhance the effect of a seamless transition from one level of care to another across the continuum, including facilitating and participating in patient care conferences
- Procure services and resources for identified patients and families, serving as an advocate to promote achievement of agreed\-upon goals\.
- Serve as a resource and provides education to patients, physicians, and professional staff on levels of care, quality\-of\-care issues, and regulatory concerns
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited Bachelors Nursing degree program or completion of an accredited Nursing program with a Bachelors degree or higher in a health care field
- Applicants without a BSN degree must actively pursue and attain a BSN within five years of hire
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- A minimum of three years registered nursing experience in an acute care hospital
- Ability to employ advanced communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external customers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A minimum of one year of hospital case management experience
- Knowledge of funding, resources, services, clinical standards and outcomes
About the Edmonds Campus:
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 140032