Providence is calling a Respiratory Care Practitioner to Providence Everett Medical Center in Everett, WA.
This is a 0.9 FTE (36 hours per week) position and is eligible for benefits.
The respiratory care practitioner will manage, assess, plan, and evaluate care for patients with acute and/or chronic cardiopulmonary deficiencies and abnormalities in collaboration with the rest of the healthcare team. Perform basic computer skills including retrieving patient information, billing, data base management, and editing patient data.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the physical, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and family education areas based on PEMC age specific care competency assessment tool.
- Obtain pertinent medical history, assesses patient's physical status, identifies any special learning needs, reviews any pertinent laboratory or other procedural data, and documents clinical findings.
- Correctly evaluate the patient's response to care and to recommend plan of care changes with proper communication with the ordering physician and other health care professionals.
- Collaborate with the physician and other health care professionals to design a plan of care to treat the patient's pulmonary issues demonstrated through Chart review.
- Educate patients and families about the procedures performed and medications administered.
- Document this education per hospital and department policy.
- Care for patients with artificial airways, manage patients on mechanical ventilators, and provide cardiopulmonary resuscitative procedures per department and hospital policy.
- Correctly interpret and execute medical staff orders for treatment in a timely manner.
- Administer medication, perform airway clearance techniques, and adjunctive oxygen administration per department and hospital policy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree or two (2) year technical program - Associate Degree in Respiratory Care
- Washington State License-Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- BLS and ACLS Certification
- NRP Certification
- Must have license to work past orientation.
- Must complete NBRC Registry exam within one year of hire
- Must complete certifications, BLS, ACLS, and NRP, with first available class
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Respiratory Therapists
Req ID: 147701