Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Environmental Services Technician \(0\.6 FTE, Evening shift\) to work in Environmental Services/Housekeeping at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA\.
The Environemental Services Technician is a member of a multi\-disciplinary team that maintains the physical environment of the hospital at the highest level of cleanliness, both from an appearance and infection control standpoint\. This position is responsible for continuously demonstrating proficiency in basic cleaning skills and stocking that would be used in patient, staff, office, clinic, or visitor area\.
In this position you will:
- Clean patient, staff, office and support areas following established infection control and cleaning procedures resulting in quality outcomes
- Operates assigned equipment, \(floor machines, buffers, etc\.\)
- Dispose of all medical waste, \(regular, recyclable, and regulated\) appropriately
- Use computer to update EPIC as primary tool for tracking of individual progress of all work completed throughout the day
- Work closely with other staff to obtain or provide routine information, submit work orders, request supplies, and schedule maintenance work
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school education or equivalent
- One year customer service experience
- Ability to demonstrate competency in computer use with high level of frequency
- Basic mathematical skills and knowledge of units of measurement
- Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques, proper storage methods, inventory control, ordering procedures, equipment maintenance, patient room Critical Use Equipment \(IV pumps, monitors, etc\.\)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in environmental services in a healthcare or hotel setting OR vocational training and certification
About the Issaquah Campus\.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Environmental Services/Housekeeping
Req ID: 149302