Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.6 FTE, Nights\) to work in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit \(NICU\), Level II at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for working in a team environment using a multidisciplinary approach, with a team of care providers, providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\. With passion, skill, creativity, respect, and a positive approach, the RN assumes accountability to peers, and functions as a strong team player in caring for patients\.
In this position you will:
- Check for proper function of NICU monitoring system, pumps, and other equipment
- Assist as necessary with procedures \(central line placement, chest tube insertion, x\-rays, ultrasounds, intubations and extubations\)
- Assess ability of mother to care of infant and self once discharged and communicates family needs to appropriate care providers
- Apply knowledge of breastfeeding
- Assure safe transport of all patients
- Maintain family centered care philosophy of respect, information sharing, and collaboration during transport process
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program \(NRP\) certification
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of two years NICU experience in an acute care setting
- Two years experience in related clinical areas such as Postpartum or Level III NICU
- Professional experience in the management of transportation equipment
About the Issaquah Campus
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: NICU/PICU Nursing
Req ID: 146531