Providence Medical Group is calling a Registered Nurse to join the team at the Lacey Oncology Clinic in Lacey, WA.
This is a part time, 0.8 FTE (Monday - Friday; 32 hours per week) and benefits eligible position.
We are seeking a Clinic RN to be a leader of the health care team with a comprehensive educational background in the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate all aspects of patient care and family teaching. The Registered Nurse also has leadership skills which enable him/her to delegate and coordinate the continuum of care. The Registered nurse assists in orientation, training, and education of personnel as well as the day to day operations of the clinic.
In this position you will:
- Effectively implement Standard Universal Precautions.
- Triage patients and communicate urgent patient needs to provider.
- Anticipate the needs of the patient and provider during the exam.
- Draw blood; perform EKG's, laboratory and x-rays; assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures.
- Insure patient privacy and comfort during the exam; instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests.
- Obtain body fluid specimens as appropriate for services rendered.
- Arrange for patient testing, referrals, and/or hospital admission as appropriate.
- Administer medications and start intravenous lines as directed.
- Delegate tasks to other caregivers as license permits.
- Provide patient mobility assistance as necessary
- Inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return providers phone messages.
- Insure the patient and family understands follow-up and referral information.
- Document all procedures and interactions in patient's medical record according to established protocols.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to standard practices.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion and graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Washington.
- Current AHA (American Heart Assoc.) Basic Life Support certification Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- One or more years of experience in acute and/or ambulatory care setting.
- Previous Oncology experience
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 134346