Providence is calling a Program Assistant - Palliative Care to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Program Assistant to perform a variety of specialized office duties in support of administrative operations and departmental programs and/or projects. Work at this level typically involves a variety of complex office tasks requiring substantial knowledge of the department's workflow at the various sites. Considerable independence and resourcefulness is involved in determining how the work is performed and appropriate actions to be taken. The Program Assistant is self-motivated, takes initiative, and identifies additional ways to support staff and department functions.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate clerical aspects of departmental functions as required.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the creation of spreadsheets, databases, entering data, verifying, updating, monitoring, and generating management and ad hoc reports.
- Perform administrative detail work on special projects or programs requiring specialized knowledge of the programs.
- Assist the Leadership team with projects as needed by researching, analyzing, and compiling information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associates degree or proven equivalent performance in program support skills
- Previous administrative support experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications and proficiency in reading and writing English.
- Basic statistical and mathematical skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- College level clerical or finance courses
- Training in medical terminology.
- Experience with Epic.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 151482