Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) to the Intermediate Care Unit at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to be responsible for ensuring that our most critically ill patients and their families receive excellent care.
This posting is not a specific job vacancy. This posting serves to establish interested candidates for current or future opportunities for the Intermediate Care Unit positions for various shifts at Providence Health & Services - St. Peter Hospital.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care needs for patients who are in a critical care environment, taking both physical and psychosocial elements into consideration
- Record and monitor patient condition as appropriate using computerized documentation programs
- Use open and clear communication with patients, family members, and multidisciplinary medical professionals
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate for Healthcare Providers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Current Critical Care RN (CCRN) certification
- Recent experience in critical care
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cardiac Care Nursing
Req ID: 138203