Providence is calling a Scheduling Office Assistant to Providence Sound HomeCare and Hospice in Olympia, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Schedule Hospice clinical staff visits for a multi-disciplinary team of RNs, MSWs, LPNs, and HHAs using a computer based scheduling program.
- Support productivity requirements in developing patient visit schedules in the McKesson electronic scheduling system; communicate with staff on a regular basis regarding changes in schedules, changes or variations in coverage needs, patient volumes and staffing levels to assure efficient, effective and consistent patient coverage.
- Communicate scheduling needs and coverage to managers; provide input and observations regarding the day-to-day function of the department to managers.
- Participate in planning and implementing activities to accomplish the department goals and objectives.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year previous experience in scheduling, or a minimum of one-year previous work experience in clerical/data entry position using spreadsheets and databases
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in health care setting/home health industry
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Sound Home Care and Hospice, in Olympia, Washington, is a home health and hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout Mason, Lewis and Thurston counties in Washington state. Our team brings the Providence tradition of excellence into the home setting, and work together with physicians, patients, family members and insurance providers to meet each patient's unique needs. Providence Sound Home Care and Hospice is a non-profit, state licensed and Medicare certified agency.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 151029