Providence is calling a Director of External Reporting to Providence Strategic and Management Services in Renton, WA.
The Director of External Reporting is the leader responsible for the management of the Health System External Reporting program. Duties include compiling and reviewing financial information for external parties as well as participation in the preparation of investor decks. This role includes oversight and involvement in various planning, drafting and other activities that facilitate the integrity, accuracy and efficient completion of such filings.
In this position you will:
- Prepare quarterly Management Discussion & Analysis and monthly internal financial narrative, including coordination with other leaders for content.
- Prepare financial data for rating agency materials and responses to requests from various agencies.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly state reporting for various hospitals.
- Prepare financial data to be included in bond issuance documents.
- Prepare finance materials for Board of Directors, Finance Committee, and Audit & Compliance Committee meetings.
- Facilitate accurate and timely collection and reporting of financial and statistical information from various accounting contacts to complete internal and external surveys and special reports.
- Coordinate community benefit report with communications team for annual reports distributed to various markets within the Health System.
- Supervise the daily work of assigned professional staff including scheduling, monitoring, and coaching. Assure work product is completed accurately and timely in accordance with departmental standards, and workplace behaviors are consistent with Providence mission and values.
- Manage staff career development through goal setting, cross-training, and challenging and varied work assignments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting required, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of financial or accounting experience and a solid understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Prior MD&A experience required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Providence St. Joseph Health is a new $22 Billion organization and the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Together, our 100,000-plus caregivers and employees will serve in 50 hospitals, 829 clinics and a comprehensive range of services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 151360