Providence is calling a Care Access Liaison I to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Care Access Liaison I to provide patient-centered, coordinated access to the complex network of facilities, institutes, and clinics. As they do so, they foster and nurture relationships with existing patients and those seeking treatment. Care Access includes 'find a physician' navigation within a health network, scheduling appointments and classes, and functioning as an entry point and informational resource for patients into the health system. This position is part of the Patient Engagement Center team, which provides high-touch, personalized assistance to patients at Providence Health & Services, Swedish Health Services, and other partners.
In this position you will:
- Develop a strong understanding of healthcare services and networks and answer a wide variety of related patient questions.
- Respond to patient and physician office referral requests that come through phone, fax, online.
- Asks probing questions to fully understand patient needs.
- Utilize patient search criteria (condition, geographic location, insurance, etc.) to select the best referral option.
- Introduce patients to service line staff and remain on the line as required for more detailed questions or referral needs.
- Make appointments and/or coordinate with facilities/clinics to provide timely appointments.
- Educate referred patient about travel directions, parking information, dining and lodging near clinical services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of two (2) year of customer Service experience in a healthcare environment.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 133405