Providence is calling an Analyst, Financial Reporting & Compliance to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking an Analyst, Financial Reporting & Compliance to assisting the Manager, Financial Reporting and Compliance with integrating the financial reporting process with the compliance process. This position is expected to prepare reports and assist in the review of month end financial statements, take part in reviews of key risk areas, and apply technical accounting knowledge to reporting and compliance.
In this position you will:
- Assist with preparing document requests for external audits, including the annual financial statement, A-133, foundation, and benefit plan audits, as necessary.
- Draft accounting treatment forms to document the proposed accounting treatment of unique and/or complex transactions occurring through the Health System.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly Finance, Audit and Compliance Committee materials to present certain Financial Reporting and Compliance results.
- Assist with the review and consolidation of month end quality of earnings schedule.
- Prepare meeting materials for monthly financial integrity meetings with regional accounting teams.
- Prepare documents and other PBC requests for external auditors such as the annual goodwill impairment testwork and the non-GAAP policies memorandum.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of four years of progressively more-responsible accounting experience, with demonstrated experience in the areas of financial reporting and analysis.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current CPA certification.
- Healthcare industry experience.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 147370