Providence is calling a Project Manager 2-Technical to join the Information Services (IS) Portfolio and Project Management Office Infrastructure Team located in Renton, WA.
The Project Manager 2 -Technical is accountable for one or more large, diverse, cross-functional projects within information technology. Responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing multiple large technical projects that address the operational needs of multiple departments – in order to deliver specified requirements, meet customer satisfaction, on time, within budget, and with quality results. The position also ensures appropriate customer involvement and supplier management throughout the project lifecycle.
The Project Manager 2-Technical performs all duties in a manner that promotes portfolio and project team success and reflects the Providence Health & Services mission, philosophy, and core values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
In this position you will:
- Manage various IT projects and provide leadership for, and coordination of, project formation using Project Management Methodology. You will partner closely with IT and business stakeholders, collaborating on project planning, execution, and delivery.
- Develop a deep understanding of projects within the program portfolio, manage assigned projects with a clear understanding of business and IT context, and develop an understanding of cross-functional technical and business dependencies.
- Monitor results/satisfaction to ensure projects meet expectations and schedules. Maintain timely and accurate documentation in support of project analysis and daily operations.
- Work closely with executives or other stakeholders/participants/partners to ensure all needs/issues are tracked and communicated.
- Provide support for special projects, which may include collecting data, preparing correspondence and developing solutions. Prepares, compiles and consolidates data for reporting to management and department leadership.
Required qualification for this position include:
- A Bachelor's degree plus five years' experience in information technology, project management, healthcare administration or clinical field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
- Education and experience with Project Management methodology based on Project Management principles required. Project Management Professional designation (PMI) Certification preferred.
- Three years of experience leading large, diverse, and complex projects.
- Experience working with process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma or Lean preferred.
- Experience managing projects with multiple project teams, product development lifecycle, or quality lifecycle.
- Experience with PM methodologies and software.
- Experience making formal and informal presentations to senior and executive management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience developing and modifying process standards and objectives to a project as appropriate.
- CAP, Workout and Lean education required as soon as available or within the 1st year on the job.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Project Management Certification through the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or a program recognized by the Project Management Institute (local or national group)
- Experience with enterprise infrastructure of 50,000 users
- Experience at a Fortune 500 company or consulting company a plus
- Experience with creating and presenting executive level PowerPoint Presentations
- Experience with operational and capital project budgeting
- Fluent in MS Office Suite of projects, including MS Project
- Experience in Visio
About the department you will serve.
Providence Health and Services - Information Services (PHS IS) is the organization responsible for delivering technology solutions and support to Providence, Swedish, and aligned providers and clinics. The organization is critical for Providence to drive toward common clinical and administrative processes, best practices, superior quality outcomes, a common brand and user experience, and affordability. IS is a service community fostering healthcare intelligence and care transformation. IS delivers responsive, reliable, innovative results that help Providence be where patients want their care, where people want to work, a source of community pride, and a place others want to join.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 136463