Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our growing team\!
Shift Details: Per Diem\. Variable shifts\.
- Graduation from an Occupational Therapy program or completion of an Occupational Therapy Assistant Certificate program approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association required\.
- Current WA State Occupational Therapy Assistant Licensure required\.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As an Occupational Therapy Assistant \(COTA\) you assist in providing specific treatment programs for patients according to the principles and practices of Occupational Therapy, the WAC, and as prescribed by a physician and performs related duties as assigned\.
- Participates in planning and implementing specific treatment programs developed by occupational therapist for patients according to the principles and practices of occupational therapy; collaborates with primary occupational therapist and other multi\-disciplinary treatment team members\.
- Administers treatments prescribed by a physician to enhance and restore a patient's function and independence utilizing purposeful activities and provides assistance with standardized portions of evaluation, under OT supervision\.
- Assists in the development of appropriate home or community programs to maintain and enhance the performance of patients/clients in their own environment\. Assists with home visits as appropriate\.
- Assists the occupational therapist in the preparation of written or computer documentation such as treatment plans, patient attendance, progress reports, reassessments and discharge reports and other documentation required by the profession and the department\.
- Participates in department quality program and prepares reports for inpatient and outpatient care and interdisciplinary committees as needed\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
To provide quality health care for every patient\. Our Vision: To be the comprehensive regional integrated health delivery system\. Our Values: Respect, Integrity, and Cooperation\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Therapy Support \(PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide\)
Req ID: 151095