Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Care Coordinator to join our growing team\!
Shift Details: Per Diem\. Variable shifts \(primarily nights\)\.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required\.
- Three years acute care experience required\.
- Critical care experience preferred\.
- PALS or ENPC and TNCCpreferred\.
- Bi\-lingual or multi\-lingual skills preferred\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Patient Care Coordinator you willperformcoordinate a variety of complex nursing functions related to patient care; assures appropriate level of staffing on each nursing unit based on patient acuity and other pertinent factors; interprets and adheres to laws, rules and regulations relating to patient care; interacts daily with physicians, staff, patients and the public; is able to react to change productively and performs related duties as assigned\.
- Assumes responsibility as the primary person in charge of the Medical Center during the hours Manager's, Director's and Administrator's are not on duty\.
- Collaborates with patient placement specialists, lead nurses and unit managers on patient flow issues\.
- Collaborates, with staffing assistance, to evaluate staffing levels for each unit based on patient acuity and established unit matrix, skill level of nursing staff in collaboration with lead nurse; Takes appropriate actions; such as temporary reassignment to another unit, augments staff by calling in off\-duty nurses or utilizes the low/high census standby procedure as necessary; Communicates trends and acute staffing problems with unit manager\.
- Interprets and adheres to policies, procedures, standards, laws and regulations regarding patient care; provides advice and counsel following established policies and procedures\.
- Serves as a resource person for patient transfers\.
- Communicates accurately and effectively both orally and in writing to patients, staff, physicians and the media\.
- Provides leadership to staff and takes corrective personnel actions when necessary, in absence of manager\.
- Maintains a variety of documents and reports such as nursing administrative report, staffing and acuity sheets and patient admission log\.Assists in direct patient care as needed\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
To provide quality health care for every patient\. Our Vision: To be the comprehensive regional integrated health delivery system\. Our Values: Respect, Integrity, and Cooperation\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 150967