Providence is calling a Chaplain (Spiritual Care, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Mount St. Vincent in Seattle, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Articulate and interpret the meaning of spiritual care in the context of health and illness, and advocate for its effective inclusion in the health care we provide.
- Communicate with patients, families and members of the health care team in an effort to enhance dignity, autonomy and self-respect as well as a sense of hope and spiritual well being.
- Cooperate with other disciplines, units and programs as an active member of the care team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Theology, Pastoral Studies, or equivalent
- Completion of four (4) Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) units
- Current Chaplain certification or eligible issued by National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), or other equivalent certifying body
- One (1) or more years chaplaincy experience in an acute care or elder care environment or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Mount St. Vincent is a vibrant, elegant and innovative living care community for primarily older adults that celebrates life, living and individual capability. We are West Seattle's largest employer with nearly 500 employees representing more than 27 countries of origin. "The Mount" is home to more than 400 people who need some type of assistance with daily living or are in need of 24-hour care. Programs offered include assisted living apartments, skilled nursing in specially designed neighborhoods, short-stay sub-acute care, an adult day program and the Intergenerational Learning Center for child care of infants and preschool age children.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Spiritual/Mission/Pastoral Care
Req ID: 150266