Providence is calling a Driver to Providence ElderPlace (Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) in Seattle, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for van and passengers during transport, providing care in a manner which assures participant satisfaction and retention.
- Operate equipment safely and in compliance with vehicle licensing regulations.
- Escort participant to and from home, Center, and appointments safely, courteously, and in a caring manner; report any participant or caregiver requests for changes in drop-off or pick up locations.
- Follow established schedules and makes adjustments to meet unanticipated changes; determine the safest and most efficient pick up and delivery routes after consulting with Dispatcher or Transportation Coordinator
- Deliver medications and other supplies to participants.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Washington State Driver's License
- Current CPR and First Aid training
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing
- Driving record free from major violations
- Successful completion of defensive driving and passenger assistance training courses within 3 months of hire
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence ElderPlace is located in Seattle, WA. The PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) keeps older adults as healthy as possible in the community by providing comprehensive health care and social services including: primary and specialty medical care, a day health program, social work services, rehabilitation, housing (if necessary) and much more. The Providence ElderPlace team of health care and social service professionals and our affiliates provide comprehensive integrated care to our participants.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Care Tech/Asst/Aide (non licensed)
Req ID: 151633