Find what you're looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Business Office Specialist in Seattle, WA\.
We are seeking a Business Office Specialist to enter incoming and outgoing referrals, collects and posts cash, performs, central banker processes, provides routine financial counseling to patients, researches routine referral and billing issues, and may complete coding for referrals\.
In this position you will:
- Perform and complete tasks to check\-in and check\-out patients, complete registration data entry, route routine telephone inquiries and schedules routine appointments, as well as appointments to outside agencies, clinics and Pacific Medical Centers specialists\.
- Be responsible for ensuring patients have appointments scheduled at check\-out, and referral entry is started\.
- Be responsible for communicating to patient appointments, directions and any preparation for referred visits or tests\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent\.
- Completion of PMC's the Medical Terminology Test for BOS/PSR/PAR Staff with a passing score within 90 days of hire\.
- One year health care experience in ambulatory practice\.
- Prior experience in liaison role for providers and staff\.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of third party insurance\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One year experience with coding: ICD\-9, CPT, HCPCS\.
- One year patient third party billing and referrals experience on an automated patient accounts system\.
Pacific Medical Center Northgate:
The patient population we care for is culturally and clinically diverse, creating a stimulating and rewarding workplace\. Our strong team environment and mission allow us to provide friendly services that focus on the highest quality patient care\. PacMed's compensation and competitive benefits package will support and enhance a lifelong career\.
The Northgate clinic offers both primary care – including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics—and multiple areas of specialty care\. Home to the Diagnostic Center for Sleep Health, Northgate treats over 80 different sleep disorders\. Other services offered at Northgate include an echocardiography laboratory, x\-ray, onsite laboratory and pharmacy\. Interpreter services are also available for our patients\.
Seattle is the Pacific Northwest's largest urban center \(metro population 3\.25 million\), with world\-class arts and entertainment, a robust economy and an outstanding school system\. The city hugs magnificent Puget Sound and offers magnificent mountain views to the north, east and south\. Seattleites are famously fond of the outdoors, fresh seafood and good coffee\.
The Northgate clinic is part of Pacific Medical Centers' network of outpatient clinics providing primary and specialty care to the greater Seattle area and employing more than 150 providers representing most medical specialties\. Pacific Medical Centers is affiliated with Providence Health & Services, which operates 28 exceptional not\-for\-profit hospitals and more than 350 clinics across the West\. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice provider opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, Pacific Medical Centers and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models\. Find what you are looking for in your next practice opportunity with Pacific Medical Centers\! Learn more at www\.pacmed\.org/providerjobs\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our mission is to provide respectful, high\-quality, patient\-focused healthcare to each person and to the communities we serve\.
Pacific Medical Centers \(PacMed\) is a private, not‐for‐profit, multi‐specialty healthcare network in the Puget Sound region\. Our 9 convenient locations are staffed by a comprehensive network of more than 150 primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest\-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long\-term relationship with each patient we serve\. Our personalized, patient\-centric system empowers and provides patientswith freedom and choices to partner in their care\. We provide immediate access to cutting\-edge technology, first\-class facilities and board\-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among "Seattle's Best Doctors\.", PacMed is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees\. We have been honored as a 2014 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit\-Friendly Worksites Recognition program\.
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 149906