Find what you're looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Coding & Compliance Analyst \- Certified in Seattle, WA\.
This is a full time position and is eligible for benefits\.
We are seeking a Coding & Compliance Analyst \- Certified to review payment denials, correct errors, and educate clinic and business office staff on appropriate coding procedures when services are denied due to inappropriate diagnosis or procedure coding\.
In this position you will:
- Provide coding services to clinic by coding charges for diagnosis and procedure coding and charge entry\.
- Act as a resource to provider and back office staff as well as Corporate Business Services personnel to answer coding and/or compliance questions\.
- Develop and perform new provider orientation on PMC's coding, audit process and documentation standards\.
- Support Clinic Manager in instruction of coding education classes provided to providers, and clinic support staff\.
- Review reimbursement denials from third party carriers associated with inappropriate diagnosis or procedure coding\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Hold and maintain CPC or CMC\.
- Demonstrated expertise in current multi\-specialty CPT, ICD\-10, and HCPC coding principles and practices\.
- Thorough knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and third party coding requirements\.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Five years health care experience in a physician group practice or other ambulatory care setting\.
- 1 year of coding experience for a multi\-specialty group\.
Pacific Medical Center:
Pacific Medical Center is an expanding network of outpatient clinics providing primary and specialty care to the greater Seattle area and employing more than 150 providers representing most medical specialties\. Pacific Medical Centers is affiliated with Providence Health & Services, which operates 28 exceptional not\-for\-profit hospitals and more than 350 clinics across the West\. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice provider opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, Pacific Medical Centers and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models\. Find what you are looking for in your next practice opportunity with Pacific Medical Centers\! Learn more at www\.pacmed\.org/providerjobs\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our mission is to provide respectful, high\-quality, patient\-focused healthcare to each person and to the communities we serve\.
Pacific Medical Centers \(PacMed\) is a private, not‐for‐profit, multi‐specialty healthcare network in the Puget Sound region\. Our 9 convenient locations are staffed by a comprehensive network of more than 150 primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest\-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long\-term relationship with each patient we serve\. Our personalized, patient\-centric system empowers and provides patientswith freedom and choices to partner in their care\. We provide immediate access to cutting\-edge technology, first\-class facilities and board\-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among "Seattle's Best Doctors\.", PacMed is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees\. We have been honored as a 2014 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit\-Friendly Worksites Recognition program\.
Job Category: Coding
Req ID: 136416