Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Charge Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Days\) to work for the Cancer Treatment Center at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Charge Registered Nurse is responsible for daily operations of the Swedish Cancer Institute Treatment Center under the guidance of the managers\.
In this position you will:
- Be accountable and responsible on a continuing basis for planning and providing comprehensive outpatient care to patients/families with cancer being cared for in the First Hill Swedish Cancer Institute Treatment Center
- Use your understanding of the pathophysiology of cancer, as well as the major treatment modalities, protocols and investigational protocols enables him/her to participate fully in all phases of care for the patient and their significant support system
- Be responsible triage, symptom management, patient/family education, and end of life care issues during operating hours
- Assist in the management of the staff schedules, providing staff coverage as needed to accommodate the staffing needs on a daily basis
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing or must actively pursue and attain a BSN within six years of hire
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- ACLS certification, or obtain ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of two years of relevant, recent clinical experience in oncology
- ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Req ID: 149711