Swedish Shared Services is looking for a Case Manager Relief \(Per Diem, Days\) to work for the Case Management Department at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The nurse case manager is responsible for coordinating the care and service of selected patient populations through the acute care episode, across the continuum\. Works collaboratively with inter\-disciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources and assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical, financial, and resource outcomes\.
In this position you will:
- Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation, and ongoing revision of initiatives to improve quality, continuity, and cost\-effectiveness
- Communicate timely, relevant and accurate information to all parties involved with a patient's care
- Develop and document a discharge plan through collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
- Assess patients' goals as well as their biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, economic/financial, and discharge planning needs
- Advocate for the patient, family, physician and facility to obtain benefits from insurance carriers and others that provide financial assistance for patients and promote health care treatment goals
- Maintain and document third\-party payers' authorizations, contacts, and transactions for individual patients
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing, or must attain a BSN within 5 years of hire
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Nursing experience in an acute care hospital
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Hospital case management experience
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 144355