Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Material Distribution and Receiving Technician \(0\.6 FTE, Variable shift\) to work in the Materials Service Center at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
We are seeking a detail\-oriented individual to perform all receiving and shipping functions of materials and freight of the hospital\. This position involves regular interaction and correspondence with internal and external customers, including co\-workers, other Swedish employees, patients, visitors, representatives from other hospitals and various vendors\.
In this position you will:
- Utilize a computerized MMIS \(Materials Management Information System\) to conduct physical inventories, replenish supply areas, receive incoming stock, and coordinate outgoing parcel and freight shipments
- Deliver stock and non\-stock products to the appropriate department
- Process fax, phone, electronic order entry, and walk up supply, linen and equipment requests
- Rotates stock in MSC inventories in accordance with expiration dates and regulations
- Support mail functions as needed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Professional experience with computerized Materials Management systems \(MMIS\)
- Experience utilizing computers and software
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Taken courses in inventory and supply distribution management
- Medical terminology training
- Experience in healthcare environment
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Materials Management
Req ID: 145361