Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Patient Care Coordinator \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Float Pool at the Bank of America Building in Seattle, WA\.
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for acting as a patient advocate to assure the patient's access to health care during their entry into and through the services of the clinic\.
In this position you will:
- Act as contact for clinic providers, patient and family, referring physicians, outside agencies, outside staff and general public by providing information regarding the clinic's services
- Act as liaison between the patient and the various clinic areas and ancillary services to coordinate activities involved in pre\-operative planning and preparation or planned hospitalization
- Coordinate pre\-admission tests, pre\-surgery appointments/tests, and procedures as delegated by the provider or nurse
- Ensure a complete medical record is present at the time of patient visit, admission, and/or procedure
- Ensure referrals are addressed in a timely manner under the direction of the clinic team
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum two years experience in a tertiary patient care setting involving interaction with a variety of medical services, contact with patients and families, and interaction with physicians
- Knowledge of billing, coding and/or medical terminology
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion
- Demonstrated PC skills\. i\.e\. proficient with MS office products including Word, Excel and Outlook\.
- Excellent organization, planning, and prioritization skills; able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Knowledge of insurance authorization process
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- BA/BS Health Related field
- Nursing or Medical Assistant Certification
- Electronic Medical Records \(EMR\) experience
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 144449