Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse for the ICU Multi\-Campus Float Pool \(0\.9 FTE, Days\) in Seattle, WA\.
We are looking for an experienced RN to float to the Intensive Care Units \(ICU\), Intermediate Care Units \(IMCU\) & Telemetry Units at multiple campuses at Swedish Medical Center\. The position floats to our campuses at First Hill, Cherry Hill and Issaquah\. In this role you must uphold the Swedish standards in patient care\. These nurses will be role models demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude, and strong problem solving skills\.
In this position you will:
- Provide nursing care adapted to the individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times\.
- Evaluate patient's response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leaderCurrent Basic Life Support Certification \(BLS\)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification \(ACLS\)
- Current Washington State Driver's License
- Experience as RN in Critical Care Nursing
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3 or more years experience working as an RN in Critical Care Nursing
- Experience as an RN working on multiple types of Intensive Care Units
- Experience as an RN floating to multiple units in a hospital and/or multiple hospitals
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Float Pool Nursing
Req ID: 141096