Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.6 FTE, Nights\) to work in Behavioral Health at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\.
In this position you will:
- Assess, treat, and care for for patients in a variety of age groups
- Serve as a resource for peers and other health care team members concerning routines and procedures
- Communicate with the health care team, patients, and families
- Be responsible for delegation and supervision of personnel which participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected treatment outcomes are met
- Participate in orientation and training of new staff members
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Basic Life Support Certification \(BLS\)
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications, psychiatric conditions and general treatment
About the Ballard Campus
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Behavioral Health Nursing
Req ID: 143782