Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Nights\) to work in the Multi\-Campus Float Pool in Obstetrics \(OB\) at various Swedish Campuses
The OB Multi\-Campus float pool nurse is part of a team of nurses that meet the rapidly changing \(and/or unexpected patient care needs\) that are characteristic of Labor & Delivery, Antepartum, Post Partum and Cesarean Section Team\. The OB Flex Pool nurse may be called upon to change units and assignments at short notice\. In general nurses rotate through all units in the department with designated nurses assigned to be moved to meet needs on a particular day in an effort to provide continuity of care\.
In this position you will:
- Provide nursing care adapted to the individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patient's response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
- Supervise, coordinate, and delegate personnel who participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected outcomes are met
* Requiredqualifications for this position include: *
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program \(NRP\) certification
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
- Current Washington State Driver's License
- Experience as RN in OB
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience educating and orienting patients and families
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
About Swedish Shared Services
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus\. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle\.
- Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Float Pool Nursing
Req ID: 146541