Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Supervisor of Facilities Engineering at to work in Facility Management at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Supervisor, Facilities Engineering is responsible for providing leadership, vision, and a working environment that promotes teamwork and customer satisfaction and for ensuring that the standards of service are met for the Facilities Engineering team in a manner consistent with SMC's mission and values\. The successful candidate will be well versed in life safety, Joint Commission, Department of Health, and National Fire Protection Association \(NFPA\) regulations\.
In this position you will:
- Plan work, schedule staff and vendors, supervise work order execution\.
- Provide advice and recommendation on the design, construction and operation of physical plant systems
- Be responsible for the effective operation of those systems based upon a high degree of technical knowledge and experience
- Assist in managing the Facilities Engineering budget, implement the Utility Management Plan, assist in the development of the annual labor, operating and capital budgets
- Manage the Facilities Engineering staff to ensure the consistent, safe and reliable operation of all utility systems, equipment and properties
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Recent Supervisory or Management in healthcare
- Previous experience in building maintenance and plant operations experience
- Experience in the maintenance of building envelopes, finishes and equipment\.
- Experience with most utility and life safety systems including fan systems, chillers and chilled water distribution, cooling towers, emergency generators, electrical distribution, steam generation and distribution, heating water, plumbing, medical gases and fire detectionand suppression systems
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 139049