Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nurse Manager SCI Clinical Services to work inOutpatient Hematology and Stem Cell Transplantationat Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Hematology/Oncology Clinical Nurse Manager will oversee the daily operations of the hematologic malignancy and stem cell transplantation outpatient clinic in order to ensure consistent delivery of high\-quality, safe patient care\. The Manager will foster an atmosphere of excellence, as this program works toward center of excellence designation\. The nurse manager for the Center of Blood Disorders and Stem Cell Transplantation will lead a team of nurses, and support staff, that are expected to provide expert care for their patients, often utilizing a growing number of hematology/oncology research protocols\. The Clinical Manager acts as a liaison between the staff, physicians, and administration to improve and maintain quality and safe patient care\. Management skills needed are those to supervise, plan, organize and motivate the activities of staff to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of quality and safe health care\. Is an active participant of the SCI management team\.
The Oncology Nurse Manager will have oversight of a department with a patient population that includes a following hematologic diseases and cancers:
·Sickle cell anemia
·Allogeneic and Autologous transplant patients
·Oncologic solid tumor
The Hematology Clinical Manager will work closely with the Clinical Director, Clinical Educator, Clinical Nurse Manager \(solid tumor\), and infusion center Clinical Nurse Managers to facilitate the ongoing, and seamless, innovative evidence based oncologic care while focusing on the patient experience\.
In this position you will:
- Provide coordination and general supervision over assigned staff
- Conduct monthly staff meetings along with operations manager and director
- Maintain schedule clinical staff work hours, adhering to staffing and scheduling practices in accordance with the collective bargaining unit
- Coordinate clinical staff requests for paid time off and other benefit time in collaboration with the director and in accordance with the contractual bargaining unit
- Assist in periodic formal evaluation of clinical staff members
- Provide ongoing evaluation of clinical staff performance
- Collaborate with physicians on patient care issues and treatment modalities
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse Washington State license
- BLS certified
- Oncology Certified \(or willing to obtain with 12 months of hire\)
- Prefer 5 years of management or supervisory experience in a health care organization comparable to the SCI
- In\-depth knowledge of oncology services and particularly nursing areas of operation
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in nursing
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 136773